· Veterati allows you to access unlimited career mentors to help with your transition and integration. Join thousands of service members, veterans, and spouses in setting up free 1-hr career mentorship phone calls with successful professionals. Veterati allows you to choose your own mentor and as many as you would like. Sign-up and Get Started Now!
· A transition platform which transforms proven military leaders into tomorrow's industry leaders and entrepreneurs. This organization identifies military talent for transition preparation and planning, business executive education, career services, and industry placement in the private sector.
· A non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of our veterans and military families by transforming the veteran services marketplace. 20,000 professionals leverage NAVSO tools and resources to support veterans and military families.
· The Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Professional Network provides military spouses with career development and networking opportunities in military communities around the world. An integral part of Hiring Our Heroes' Military Spouse Program, the Network will empower military spouses at a grassroots level year-round.
· Mentoring, jobs, and resources for women veterans and military spouses. Need a mentor to give your career a boost? BPW Foundation’s Joining Forces Mentoring Plus provides free resources, including mentors, subject matter experts (SMEs), and online connections for women veterans and military spouses to assist them in successfully obtaining meaningful employment and a successful career.
· The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes program, Toyota, and Blue Star Families introduced Career Spark, a first-of-its-kind online tool that gives military spouses the resume they need to start and maintain a meaningful career. Career Spark walks military spouses through developing a resume based on their unique skills. Once completed, spouses have the option to make their resumes searchable to thousands of employers nationwide looking for qualified veteran and military spouse candidates.
· Empower Employ is dedicated to enabling military veterans and their spouses to obtain meaningful and valuable employment. Empower Employ brings them together through our secure, web-based applicant tracking system (M-Power) & talent community to match job seekers have served our nation with the companies and corporations who have supported them.
· The demands on modern military spouses often make it difficult for these individuals to seek, obtain, and sustain professional careers commensurate with their level of education and experience. Existing family support systems have done an outstanding job assisting spouses with finding entry-level positions and traditionally "pink-collar" jobs. In Gear seeks to expand the impact of these existing programs by addressing specific needs of spouses whose professional career trajectories are interrupted by frequent moves and deployments.
· Statistical responses to important military-to-civilian transition and re-integration questions. This is a unique tool that allows military families to customize responses based upon military branch, rank, years of service, specialty (MOS, AFSC, Rating), education, age, gender and pre/post 9-11 status.
· Military.com provides materials for the entire military community, to include military spouses and families. They provide daily, if not hourly updates and have great content ranging from careers to current events.
· Partnership that translates to the civilian workforce: Kelly has also partnered with leading sites like RecruitMilitary.com, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s HiringOurHeroes.org, and the Military Spouse Employment Partnership to ensure our opportunities reach the veteran and military spouse communities.
· We respect and value the service of our veterans and their family members, and we are committed to hiring and helping to prepare transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses for new jobs. We participate in national and local partnerships, job fairs, career conferences, and sponsorships, and have an internal network of military employees and veterans.
· Humana understands and appreciates the extraordinary commitments veterans have made for our nation. In part as a response to a request from President Obama to corporate America, Humana launched the Veterans Hiring Initiative in August 2011 with a commitment to hire 1,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014.
· We recruit, develop and retain veterans, reservists and military spouses because of the unique skills and experiences they bring to help make our organization stronger. Their personal values align with our company's values around trusting the team, acting responsibly and realizing the power of our people. Are you a transitioning veteran or military spouse?
· We commit to hiring Veterans, National Guard and Reserve Members, and Military Spouses. It’s incredibly important to us as a company to reach out and let this community know we’re aware of the challenges they face and that we’re here to support them. We like to say we’re more than military-friendly; we’re military-ready, as in ready to support.
· We offer a work environment that values the skills learned through military service, while providing the flexibility needed by those who serve in the National Guard, reserves or who are military spouses.
· We know that military spouses have talents that can make for impressive careers - and we believe that deployments and transitions shouldn't hold you back. Walmart is opening the door for new opportunities, plus the chance to lay the foundation for a career that keeps growing. Beginning on November 12, 2018, the Military Spouse Career Connection will give hiring preference to military spouses who seek employment with Walmart or Sam's Club.
· We recognize the tremendous sacrifices military members, veterans and their families have made for our nation. They often face significant challenges as they transition back to civilian life or seek to balance their careers with continued service in the Guard or Reserve.
· We strive to assist our Military Family members to secure a new position at their next duty location, before the bags are unpacked! We will be happy to discuss this and other spouse programs with you at your local HR office. Apply now and start your career with your Exchange family!
· Booz Allen was founded by a veteran, has continuously supported the Department of Defense since our working with our first DoD client in 1940, and, today, one-third of Booz Allen’s employees have a military background. With those credentials, it’s easy to understand why Booz Allen invests in helping its veteran, reservist, and military spouse employees thrive.
· We have a place for the military family. Whether you want a job you can take anywhere, a community of support or you just want something of your own, take a look at all the ways you could work with us.
· Military Spouses: Spouses are an integral part of U.S. military and we value the unique skills and experiences that you bring to the table. The size and global scope of our company lends itself well to someone like yourself who needs to frequently relocate.
· With millions of service members transitioning out of the military over the next few years, we’re committed to hiring qualified veterans, current Guard and Reserve members and military spouses across all parts of our business.
· Highlights of this Bradley-Morris is the a leading military recruiting firm specializing in transitioning military and veteran talent. BMI makes the translation between military skill sets and civilian talent profiles for top leadership, technical, sales and operations career opportunities with Fortune 1000 employers.
· This podcast is managed by two military spouses and they talk about topics of interest. According to their website, a love of coffee is not required. This coffeehouse is BYOB, so fill your mug, glass, red solo cup, or chalice with your drink of choice, and join us as we serve up the hottest topics in our military spouse world!
· This blog is written by an Army wife (Sierra) and her goal is for this to become a platform that speaks directly to military families. She encourages, uplifts and inspires milfams to seek new adventures and get involved. Military Spouses everywhere can live their BEST lives without letting the Military be an excuse
· This site is written by an Army wife and covers a broad range of topics to include personal finance, career support and the military lifestyle. The goal of this blog is to inform and inspire military spouses, and their families, with the financial knowledge needed to enhance their quality of life.
· Military Moms Blog is a national parenting website written BY military moms FOR military moms. These ladies are passionate about being military moms, and our goal is to build a community for military moms (both spouses and active duty) to connect and engage with other moms going through similar situations. This is a collaborative blog that covers everything from moving, travel, employment and parenting to coping with deployments, finding military deals and navigating military acronyms. In short, this is a one-stop resource for moms raising kids while balancing military life.
· The Military Wife and Mom blog is written by a Marine wife (Lauren) and provides the tools you need to achieve your goals—whether it’s creating a peaceful home and connected relationship with your kids or conquering deployment and building a rock-solid military marriage. If you’ve ever dreamed about creating a life that hugs you like the perfect pair of yoga pants, you’re in the right place.
· Army Wife Network (AWN) goes beyond the blog and strives to be the "boots on the ground" resource for military spouses, supporters, family members and veterans from all branches and walks of life. AWN shares a wide variety of practical and encouraging information, from their Experience and Expert blog (with 2,000 blog posts and counting!), Post-With-The-Most articles to give you all the details about your next duty station, and of course, Army Wife Talk Radio. AWTR is the largest and longest running podcast of its kind with over 670 broadcasts in the archives. AWTR is broadcast LIVE Monday nights at 8pm EST. Be sure to check out this incredible resource, as Army Wife Network is your interactive empowerment for army wives, by army wives!
· NextGen MilSpouse is the online destination for today’s military spouse. They deliver fresh perspectives on current events, career advice, small business development, personal finance, and relationships from a dynamic team of military spouse thought leaders via their website, social channels, weekly newsletter, and podcast. Their team works together to tell the story of what it means to be a military spouse today.
· This blog is written by a Navy veteran’s wife (Danielle) who’s a stay at home mom to 5 children (ages 8 and under). She homeschools and travels full-time in their family RV. According to her website, she’s always been a very frugal person and learned to make an enlisted military salary work for 7 people! She now shares all her ways to save money along with the ups and downs of a homeschool journey.
· This is one of my favorite military spouse blogs and according to Jo, they provide stories and advice that feel like coming home. She started the blog when her husband (Navy) was deployed to give a voice to the feelings and experiences I was having as someone who had never experienced the deployment of a loved one before. The focus expanded to DIYs, recipes, and the advice I wish someone had given me about being a military significant other.
· This blog is from a Marine wife and her mission is to empower military wives and help them live the life they love. Brittney (author) provides insights on numerous topic to include military life, marriage, college and health.
· InDependent is a wellness community built by military spouses for military spouses of all branches of the US Armed Forces. Their goal is to make wellness accessible and create opportunities for all military spouses to connect for friendship, accountability, and inspiration. The authors envision a time when all military spouses thrive through connection to community and resources that results in healthy decision-making for themselves and their families.
· Erin (Navy wife) started this blog to help the military community by offering support, sharing experiences and finding good deals for military families. She is a writer, academic writing coach, editor, teacher, and mom to 4 sons (one who has Autism Spectrum Disorder). In 25 years as a military family, they have endured nearly 10 deployments and moved 12 times. Home is where the Navy sends them, and currently that is in Beijing, China.
· Pride & Grit is a multi-pillared resource with the mission of supporting military spouses in three areas of need. First, honest stories of learning, growing, and ultimately thriving in this challenging environment. Second, showcasing military spouses, living their best lives, through tenacity and creative solutions as they carve their own path alongside their service member. And third, resource spotlights designed to create a functional understanding of the support available to military spouses. We know there are so many resources, we want to help you understand how each applies to your story.
· An open space to seek advice and support on your military life journey, from girlfriend/boyfriend to life partner/spouse! Written by an active duty Army spouse, this blog covers many topics including mental health, parenting, PCSing, separations and deployment and how to manage living this crazy military life!
· NMSN delivers ongoing personal and professional development for military spouses by providing: quality content, mentoring, networking opportunities and cutting-edge resources including a monthly newsletter and bi-annual digital magazine. NMSN creates a community of military spouse professionals, businesses, academics and media to share expertise and craft innovative solutions on both balancing a viable career with the military lifestyle and laying the foundation for a successful career post military life.
· This site was developed to advise, encourage and share all things related to being a Christian woman. The author specifically wants to encourage you in being a Proverbs 31 woman in your journey as a military wife or girlfriend. She talks about and shows how to spread your walk with Christ in every aspect of your life, even if it is simply taking care of a household. In addition, the site provides fun ideas regarding military household as well as sharing information about military wife that may be helpful.
· Serving God. Serving Family. Serving Country. This is a place for mamas and military spouses to find encouragement and feel understood. Whether you’re a military or civilian family, there’s a place for you here.
· Military Families United is a national coalition of Blue Star, Gold Star, Next of Kin, Veterans, and Patriotic. American Families whose mission is to Honor the Fallen, Support Those Who Fight, and Serve Their Families.
· FOCUS provides resilience training to military children, families, and couples. It teaches practical skills to help families and couples overcome common challenges related to a military life. It helps build on current strengths and teach new strategies to enhance communication and problem solving, goal setting and creating a shared family story.
· The Armed Services YMCA provides specialized programs and services to active duty junior enlisted military service members and their families. Our tailored no and low-cost programs and services include: childcare, day and resident camps, child development programs, early learning classes, emergent food support, deployment support, emergency travel support, health and wellness services, and more.
· NMFA is the voice of military families because, for 49 years, we have proven that we stand behind service members, their spouses, and their children. Our Association is the “go to” source for Administration Officials, Members of Congress, and key decision makers when they want to understand the issues facing our families.
· Our mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive — not simply struggle to get by — in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. For over fifteen years, we have provided programs that offer: RELIEF (through Critical Financial Assistance and transitional housing programs), RESILIENCY (through permanent housing and caregiver support services) and RECURRING FAMILY SUPPORT programs and services throughout the year that help military families overcome the short-term bumps in the road so they don’t become long-term chronic problems.
Military Spouse Employment Resources
Military spouses make sacrifices to support the mission and may encounter employment challenges associated with frequent relocations and unpredictable lifestyles. The resources on this page are the most comprehensive available to assist military spouses and families understand and overcome employment related challenges. This list was compiled by a group of independent veterans and is shared to inform and complement existing DoD and civilian programs. We support all branches (army, navy, air force, marines and coastguard) and our goal is to share relevant information and resources. Please let us know if there are additional resources that should be added or any questions about the information on this page.