· USAA provides service members, veterans and families with a comprehensive suite of mentoring tools and information to assist with the transition process and civilian employment.
· This military friendly company offers a work environment that values the skills learned through military service and provides flexibility to those serving in the National Guard, reserves along with military spouses.
· Ready for your next assignment? Verizon is always looking for experienced leaders to step forward and help them stay competitive in the global marketplace. More than 11,000 veterans contribute their skills across their business and you might consider joining their team.
·Veterans are at the center of everything they do and one in five of employees has served in uniform. At Lockheed Martin, you'll find opportunities to take on the same kind of long-term challenging assignments you tackled while in the military.
· At Comcast NBCUniversal, our sustained commitment to Veterans, Military Spouses, and National Guard and Reserve members begins with our workforce, to which we added more than 10,000 military community members to between 2015 and 2017. We’re now expanding on that achievement with a goal to hire an additional 11,000 Veterans, Military Spouses, and National Guard and Reserve members, bringing our total to 21,000 military hires by the end of 2021. Find your Comcast Career at our page geared specifically to the military community.
· We value the hard work and commitment of those who have served in the military. That is why we encourage veterans to work with us. Plus, for those in the reserves, we promise to go above and beyond to support you in your service. Our managers routinely attend military events that have helped us recruit nearly 400 veterans. Military veteran or currently serving? Start and advance your career at Worthington Industries.
· Starbucks has hired over 17,000 veterans and military spouses since 2013 and they’re committed to hiring 25,000 by 2025. Their commitment extends beyond hiring and they offer expanded benefits, including education opportunities to employees. They opened more than 50 Starbucks Military Family Stores across the US, and plan to dedicate 82 more by 2022. These are places where veterans and military families can work, connect and find transition guidance and information.
· Founded in 1958 by an Air Force veteran, First Command is committed to improve the financial well-being of service members and their families. Today, more than half a century later, that commitment remains the same and they strive to give military families the peace of mind that comes from being financially prepared.
· Humana understands and appreciates the extraordinary commitments veterans have made for our nation. In part as a response to a request from President Obama to corporate America, Humana launched the Veterans Hiring Initiative in August 2011 with a commitment to hire 1,000 veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014.
Union Pacific Railroad
· Union Pacific recognizes that members of the United States military are dedicated individuals who bring a unique set of experience and skills to our company. No matter where you served or what your specialty, there's a place for you at Union Pacific. Over 20 percent their employees have military experience, with some still active in the National Guard or Reserves. Meet a few of our veteran employees and hear why Union Pacific is a great fit for veterans.
· We respect and value the service of our veterans and their family members, and we are committed to hiring and helping to prepare transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses for new jobs. We participate in national and local partnerships, job fairs, career conferences, and sponsorships, and have an internal network of military employees and veterans.
· Walmart is proud to connect veterans and military families to new possibilities. It starts with our Veterans Welcome Home Commitment, guaranteeing roles to qualifying veterans and those who continue their military service. For their spouses, our Military Spouse Career Connection is an introduction to new opportunities with the resources to grow a career throughout deployments, transitions and beyond.
· You’ve given your time and talent as a military veteran. You’ve demonstrated your commitment to career development with pride and passion during your service years. You’ve seen, heard and had experiences unique to only those who have served their country. From Plant Operation Supervisors to Senior Financial Analysts, Kellogg offers opportunities for military veterans to grow with us. We are proud of our history of recruiting and developing veterans across the United States and are committed to recruiting and hiring more.
·Through our Heroes@Home program, we hire qualified veterans and military spouses for at-home employment opportunities.
Bank of America
· We recruit, develop and retain veterans, reservists and military spouses because of the unique skills and experiences they bring to help make our organization stronger. Their personal values align with our company's values around trusting the team, acting responsibly and realizing the power of our people. Are you a transitioning veteran or military spouse?
Procter & Gamble
· P&G hires veterans across the globe for a variety of positions management, leadership and technical positions.
· We’re on a mission to hire 10,000 veterans and military spouses in the next five years. And we’re getting closer every day.
· Accenture views ‘Service as a Strength’ and are a strong supporter of the military/veteran community and their families. They’re committed to hiring 5,000 veterans by 2020 and have a strong military spouse recruit program.
· We are actively seeking employees with the experience of service in the American armed forces to join our company. We would be honored if you would explore a future of continued service to the United States with us.
JP Morgan Chase
· We recognize the tremendous sacrifices military members, veterans and their families have made for our nation. They often face significant challenges as they transition back to civilian life or seek to balance their careers with continued service in the Guard or Reserve.
· Marathon Petroleum knows that it can be a challenge to transition into a civilian job after active military duty. Their employees include retired members of the armed services, active reservists and National Guard members, all of whom have made this transition and now excel on their career path here.
· AT&T values the skills and experiences from your military career and their mission is to hire 20,000 veterans by 2020. At AT&T, servicemembers and veterans make a difference.
· The Cisco Veterans Program partners to scale positive, inclusive social and economic impact for U.S. veterans. These initiatives are focused on raising the awareness of the value of hiring a veteran and creating IT training and employment programs that leverage scalable training and technology aligned to their needs.
· Amazon values service members, veterans and military families. Whether you are currently transitioning out or have been out for a while, whether you’re in school already have a degree, Amazon has something for you.
· BNSF is consistently identified as a top employer for veterans and they’ve hired more than 9,000 since 2005. Nearly one in every five BNSF employees is a military veteran.
· Boeing is committed to hiring veterans and former service members compose almost 15% of their workforce. They’ve hired almost 10,000 veterans since 2011 and continue to be committed to many causes which support the military community.
· GE is deeply committed to hiring and supporting military veterans. Their skills, experience, and work ethic are unmatched–and essential to their success as a digital industrial company. Their ‘Hiring Our Heroes’ initiative was launched in 2012 with a commitment to hire 5,000 veterans in a five-year period. The company surpassed that goal in 2016, ahead of schedule! GE is now focused on a percentage-based goal and is on track to exceed 10 percent veteran hiring this year.
· Simply put, veterans make great Googlers!
· Combined Insurance is proud to offer career opportunities for our nation’s servicemen and women, having launched its veteran recruiting program in 2010. From 2013 until now, Combined Insurance has hired 4,200 veterans and their family members, and is committed to hiring 2,000 more by the end of 2019.
· J.B. Hunt values the character and skills that Veterans bring to the transportation logistics industry and have made it a company-wide effort to hire 10,000 Veterans by 2020. With nearly one in five employees being a military Veteran, they continue to honor that pledge daily. Through their ‘Hunt’s Heroes’ hiring program, they hire and train transitioning military members and Veterans for careers in local and regional truck driving jobs within our Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services and Final Mile Services divisions.
· Cintas has been consistently listed as a top military/veteran employer for over a decade and has many opportunities across the nation. They provide training and mentorship to help ensure a successful transition and their culture of front-line leadership helps service members succeed in a variety of positions.
· Schneider has been independently ranked as a top military friendly employer in their industry and they hire veterans for the right reasons. Their Credit for Military Experience Program takes that commitment to new heights. If you served in the military, they reward you with higher starting pay, in addition to Apprenticeship Program monthly educational benefit checks. More than 25% of their employees have military experience and they are a great organization.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL)
· TQL is proud to hire veterans and members of the Guard and Reserve because they possess unique skills and characteristics that set them up for success. Excelling at leadership, the ability to adapt, quickly learning new skills and a driven work ethic are some of the reasons those with military experience do well at TQL.
· Through a company-wide military engagement strategy called First Data Salutes, First Data provides the military community with career opportunities, best-in-class education resources, and premier business solutions for veteran-owned businesses. They believe that hiring qualified veterans and helping veterans grow their businesses isn’t just the right thing to do — it’s also good business.
· PwC is committed to the veterans and has received multiple award from the ESGR along with being recognized as one of the Top 100 Military Friendly Employers by G.I. Jobs and Military Times. PwC is proud to be a corporate member in the Military Spouse Employment Partnership and has been recognized in the Top 50 Military Spouse Friendly Employers.
Booz Allen Hamilton
· Booz Allen was founded by a veteran and has continuously supported the Dept of Defense since 1940. One out of three BAH employees have a military background. With those credentials, it’s easy to understand why Booz Allen invests in helping its veteran, reservist, and military spouse employees thrive.
· The makers of Cheerios and Betty Crocker believe that the unique skills and perspectives of veterans strengthen their company. At General Mills, your military experience aligns well with their values of integrity, innovation, respect, people development and performance.
· At US Bank’s commitment to hiring and supporting veterans is a top priority. If you’re transitioning to a civilian career, in the National Guard or Reserve and need flexibility to fulfill your military commitment, we’d like to discuss. Our nationally recognized programs and policies support your individual needs as you advance your civilian career. If you’re a military spouse, we understand that frequent relocations can be a barrier to finding and maintaining a fulfilling career. We support your needs with flexible work arrangements and relocation options for many roles.
· Koch Industries started in the heartland and has expanded to become one of the nation’s largest private companies. With 70,000 U.S. employees and locations in nearly every state, Koch companies work every day to help make better clothing, technology, shelter and other necessities. Opportunities span a variety of fields, such as engineering, IT, supply chain/logistics, business, operations, maintenance, skilled trades, EH&S and manufacturing. Koch is a proud Military Friendly® employer, offering professional training and mentorship to support veteran career transition and growth.”
· Operation MVP – MilitaryVeteranProgram: Do you seek the honor of service, protecting America and helping make the world a safer place? If so, then you'll find it at Leidos, a company that has been tackling some of our nation's biggest problems for nearly 50 years. Operation MVP is our company-wide initiative to hire, train and support returning veterans. Let Operation MVP help you join the ranks at Leidos.
· As a company, Kroger believes in extending a heartfelt thank you to U.S. veterans, military service members and their families and are proud to support military service members in every way that we can. Kroger has been a proud supporter of active duty service members, veterans and their families since 2010 when they partnered with the USO and has raised more than $20 million dollars to the USO to support its mission and programs. Kroger also remains committed to helping veterans and transitioning service members and military spouses find meaningful employment opportunities. In fact, Kroger has hired more than 43,000 veterans since 2009. With more than 2 million Americans serving on active duty or in the reserves today, including some of our own associates, this is our way of saying ‘thank you’ to our active duty service members and our nation’s veterans.
· CACI's proud history serving the U.S. military began in 1963 upon receiving its first contract to perform research and simulation for the U.S. Navy. Over 50 years later, CACI employees continue to help defense and intelligence customers deliver mission-critical capabilities, working alongside service members in numerous countries to perform such work as deploying biometrics tools that identify terrorist threats, delivering geospatial imagery used for operational planning, and providing supply chain security framework to transport medical equipment to military hospitals. Veterans add tremendous value to any organization, but their talent, experience, and commitment make them particularly well-suited for CACI, where we employ military veterans and military spouses at every level of the organization, from staff to senior leadership. That's why more than one in three CACI employees is either a former service member or current drilling reservist or guardsman, and our military hiring and development efforts are continually recognized as a triple win: providing veterans with rewarding careers while the company and its customers benefit from their proven leadership, values, job skills, and work ethic.
· Dedication and loyalty brought you to a career in the military. If you want to join an organization that respects your commitment and allows you to translate your skills into a successful civilian career, consider Shell.
· Leadership, discipline, creativity, integrity and teamwork—the skills you gained in your military career are valued here. Join 1000+ veterans who have transitioned to civilian jobs at Eaton.
· A growing brand that supports the military and veteran community.
· CORE (Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration) Leadership Program helps armed forces members and veterans translate their skills, knowledge, and experiences into a business environment. Deloitte is also committed to providing a workplace that attracts, supports, and retains military spouses. Through the Military Spouse Initiative, military spouses can lean on each other and utilize Deloitte resources to not just have a job, but have a career.
Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
· Led by Army veteran, Alex Gorksy (USMA ’82) – J&J is serious about hiring veterans and leveraging their talents in their global business.
· CVS Health recognizes the value of military service and knows that our veterans’ skills and experience are unparalleled. With millions of service members transitioning out of the military over the next few years, CVSH is committed to hiring qualified veterans, Guard and Reserve members and military spouses across all parts of their business.
· Zeiders respects our veterans and supports the mobile military spouse community. They offer positions for qualified individuals across the country and globe, as well as some telecommuting positions. Many employees are able to retain their employment with Zeiders through multiple military moves and duty station changes. Zeiders actively recruits at military-civilian job fairs, and through programs such as Hiring our Heroes and the Military Spouse Employment Partnership.
· Pride, respect and a greater sense of purpose are just some of the traits that drew you to the military. As you transition to civilian life, those traits combined with the discipline, teamwork and leadership skills you've earned can continue to impact the lives of people in ways that truly matter – through a career with Merck.
Merck offers numerous resources – including the Veterans Roundtable, an employee network designed to help you adjust to corporate life, to make your transition smooth and your work-life rewarding.
· Allstate was founded in 1931 by General Robert E. Wood, who developed his leadership skills in the 42nd Rainbow Division during World War I. Today, former military leaders play critical roles throughout in the company, and Lowes’ knows that Veteran leaders will continue to guide and shape the company for years to come.
Veteran and Military Spouse Employers
Military members encounter challenges when returning to civilian life and finding employment can be difficult for them and their families. The resources on this website are the most comprehensive available to assist veterans, military members, spouses, and families understand and overcome employment related challenges. This list was compiled by a group of independent veterans and is shared to inform and complement existing DoD and civilian programs. We support all branches (army, navy, air force, marines and coastguard) and our goal is to share relevant information and resources. Please let us know if there are additional resources that should be added or any questions about the information on this page.
Icons Designed by Photoroyalty / Freepik